Tuesday, January 22, 2013

WarGame 2 Results

Note: this blog has been migrated to Medium, with the articles here available to preserve permalinks Please see this post at https://medium.com/@ianrbuck/wargame-2-results-7e0fb348d29b

We all love running bechmarks on our machines right? I certainly do, especially when they give me useful numbers that tell me exactly how much my rig is than my brothers'. +Ryan Rampersad wrote a nice little java program that uses a simulation of war (the card game, not a combat simulation) to benchmark CPUs. I ran his previous version of WarGame back before he made it threaded and nice. Now it's time for round two!




The important number there is 31.3913 games per microsecond. According to those results, my i5-3570K runs faster than Ryan's i7-3770K (which got 26.4796 g/ms). I guess that overclocking actually made a difference.