Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Dreams: At a Fancy Restaurant


Note: this blog has been migrated to Medium, with the articles here available to preserve permalinks Please see this post at https://medium.com/@ianrbuck/dream-at-a-fancy-restaurant-be18b892ce6a

This dream probably represents two things I know about myself: my ignorance when it comes to certain social situations, and the fact that I get hungry easily.

So the dream starts out with +Kaelyn Olson and I going to a fancy restaurant for a date. We take a look at the menu and of course I have no idea what any of this stuff is, so I'm just shooting in the dark. When the food arrives (which doesn't take nearly as long as it would in real life) I still have no idea what it is, so I ask the waiter how I'm supposed to eat it. I'm about as clueless as Cuzco.

I think we know who is wearing the pants in this relationship.

I notice that I'm getting some strange looks from the other diners, but I try to ignore them and enjoy myself. Kaelyn and I talk and eat for a while, and then I became aware of the fact that my shoulders and back were pretty cold. I look down and see that I am shirtless. No wonder I'm getting funny looks. I wake up briefly and pull the covers up around myself (I was actually cold in real life) and go back to sleep.

Now that I have my shirt back on everything seems to be going fine. After we finish we go to some awards ceremony that's going on. We show up late, and try to find some seats. Before we can however +Liv Klemek runs up to us yelling about how she just won an Oscar!

We were really excited about this.

Liv told us that there was a buffet downstairs, so we all rushed down and got in line. Apparently Oscar winners still have to wait their turn. I think my parents were there as well. I was just about to dig into my big plate of food when my roommate's alarm went off and woke me up.

Now if you'll excuse me I need to go eat breakfast.