Saturday, April 13, 2013

Dreams: Everybody is in My Room


Note: this blog has been migrated to Medium, with the articles here available to preserve permalinks Please see this post at https://medium.com/@ianrbuck/dreams-everybody-is-in-my-room-ee0698d4b2fa

I tend to have rather odd dreams, and I love telling people about them. It had never occurred to me that I could post them on here as well. Plus this way if I start to forget details I can just come back and read it. I'll be writing up some of the best dreams I had in my childhood, but this one is from last night.

So I am in my dorm room, but the room is a bit different from real life; it is about twice as big as it should be (for those of you who know the layout of my dorm, imagine knocking out the wall between my room and Liv and Katie's room) and Declan (my roommate) had recently moved everything around. The beds were opposite each other, both lofted. My desk was still where it should have been, and the closets were up against the same wall the door is on.

It seems that my dream took place during finals week, because Declan was all packed up. Then my family showed up to help me pack my stuff, but I didn't want to pack all of my stuff yet. I have no idea how I got them to go away, but eventually they did. Then I went to bed.

When I woke up (still in the dream) I got out of my bed and immediately went over to my desk to check my tablet for messages. Then I turned around and realized there were two other people in my room with me. I did a comical "whoa!" and accidentally threw my tablet up in the air. Luckily I caught it. The two other people turned out to be Ashleigh and Tess, two girls who lived on my floor last year. They had apparently been waiting for me to wake up for quite a while, and they were busy eating doritos. I was mad at them for making a big mess on my floor, so I made them sweep it up.

I needed to change into my clothes, so apparently Ashleigh and Tess ceased to exist for a while. However, my room now had a couple of doors and they both had windows on them. And there were people outside who wouldn't stop looking into my room. At first this made me hesitate to change, but then I realized they were all guys so I mooned them.

After I changed a bunch of people were in my room, and they were all eating things and making a mess. I think they were all athletes. No matter what I did I couldn't get them to leave. I vaguely remember that I wanted to go and do something elsewhere, but I couldn't because there were a bunch of people in my room.

Then I woke up.